This body butter is a silky smooth cream that I just love to use all year round. It leaves the skin feeling nourished and deeply moisturised taking away those dry legs especially when preparing your legs for summer. Unscented the natural nutty flavour is divine or add your own fragrance to create a scent to wear all day long. It is so easy to make and will last you months as a little goes a long way. Read more
- Geranium oil – 8 drops
- Sandalwood oil – 8 drops
- Lavender oil – 10 drops
- Frankincense oil – 10 drops
- Rosemary oil – 2 drops
- Fennel oil – 10 drops
- Lemon oil – 3 drops
- Carrot seed oil – 10 drops
Dilute in two tablespoons of Argan or Jojoba oil and massage onto your face and neck every night
Lotus Oils Ltd supply two kinds of Candle making waxes. Uniwax is made from Palm Oil, sets hard and can be used to make dipped, pillar and moulded candles. Soy Wax is a natural product made from Soy, it is softer and needs to be contained in a vessel (try glasses, tea cups, aluminium tins, etc)
These can be supplied in 1 meter lengths, with metal holders sold separately. Or you can opt for a pre-cut wick with holders attached in a 10 pack – available in thick (HTP102) or thin (HTP52)
- Lotus Oils Fragrance oil is suited for candle and soapmaking products. Fragrance oils are man-made and are designed to hold their scent for a longer time. Essential Oils are extracted from plants, are 100% natural but will fade in scent more quickly than a Fragrance Oil. We suggest using 1% Fragrance Oil in a recipe and adjusting to suit the strength of the oil.
Water Soluble colours cannot be used with Wax, as they will not disperse. We have an Oil-Soluble Blue, Red, Green and Yellow powdered colouring that can be used in candle making, And Annato and Chrolophyll as natural colours. Please note the colours are very concentrated so use sparingly.
1. Soy and Uniwax doesn't take long to melt, either in a microwave or over a double boiler on the stove. (Remember if you do not have access to a double boiler then a large saucepan part filled with water with a smaller pot resting on some forks in the bottom of the larger pot will suffice).
2. Colour is to be added at this stage. Powders can be premixed with a little melted Palm oil or Soy wax help dispersion.
3. During this step the scent is added. Both Essential and Fragrant Oils can be used according to preference. The ratio can vary according to the potency of the oils and the desired end product. We recommend that you try about 5ml Fragrance per 500g of wax (1% of recipe) or 15ml Essential oil and adjust to suit preference.
4. Set Wicks in place in mould (a little handmade cardboard strip can help keep it centred) then pour wax into a mould and leave to set. Uniwax candles can be unmoulded when set.Read more
1 cup soda ash
1 cup baking soda
60ml liquid castile soap
5ml water as needed
2 ml essential oil
1.Put the soda ash in a food processor with the baking soda and process to combine.
2.In a jug mix the castile soap and water together and slowly drizzle the liquid into the powders while the processor is still running to create a white powder.
3.Then add the lavender oil and continue to process.
4.Keep in an airtight container and use 1Tbs for an average load, double if you are washing a big load
Baking soda can be used as a natural deodoriser for many purposes but can be a little abrasive directly on skin. This underarm deodorant makes a smooth
You will need
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp tapioca or cornstarch, or arrowroot
1 tsp aloe vera gel
1 tsp rose water
6 drops essential oil (try Rose or Lavender)
Soften the coconut oil in a bowl sitting in warm water. Make sure not to melt, just soften enough to be able to mix in the other ingredients. Add the baking soda, tapioca starch, aloe vera gel, rose water, rose essential oil and mix well. Spoon into one to two small jars.
Keep in a cool place and use within six months. To apply, simply use your finger to rub a small amount, about ⅛ teaspoon, under each arm
This is a great natural alternative to supermarket brands which are packed with chemicals.
So for any of you who love making your own Wendyl’s products – see below:
1 ½ cup of borax
¼ cup of citric acid
5 drops of orange essential oil
1.Place all in a plastic container and shake until thoroughly combined
2.Use 1 Tbsp per load.
3.Use Wendyl’s Double Strength White Vinegar in the rinse compartment